miércoles, 31 de mayo de 2017
François Poitou -Funambule ((feat. Bastien Ribot, Saúl Crespo Saldaña, Aude Marie Duperret, Maxime Berton & Federico Casagrande) 2017
"Gracieux et d'une élégance étourdissante, le premier album d'un contrebassiste et compositeur déjà maître de ses moyens."
1. Le jour se lève 4:56
2. Funambule 7:19
3. Vertigo 5:10
4. Hors du temps 7:54
5. La couleur et la forme 4:26
6. Mrs J #1 2:41
7. Mrs J #2 6:01
8. Anonymous 3:26
9. Ne le dis à personne 5:40
Bastien Ribot, Saul Crespo Saldaña : violins
Aude-Marie Duperret : viola
Max Berton : soprano sax, bass clarinet
Federico Casagrande : guitar
Gratkowski and Nabatov crossed their musical paths over 30 years ago and maintained this mutually rewarding creative and personal connection ever since.
Having played together in most diverse settings imaginable, here they find themselves for the first time as a duo - arguably the most honest and intimate art form in music. Open and unforced by any agenda, with so much already shared and yet so many surprises ahead, they lead a conversation about things close and very distant.
Gratkowski and Nabatov are traveling along the lines of their own mythology, letting the listener participate in their absorbing storytelling.
1. Three Tamed Furies 22:32
2. Cloud Gatherer Awakes 12:04
3. Eirene All Around 10:53
4. Pan's Wanderlust 7:19
5. Progress Of Notus 9:40
6. At The Beginning 3:13
Cesarius Alvim - Bill Evans Session (feat. Eric Le Lann, Eddy Gomez & Al Foster) JAZZ FAMILY RECORDS 2017
1. Very Early (feat. Eric Le Lann, Eddy Gomez & Al Foster) 5:42
2. Re Person I Knew (feat. Eric Le Lann, Eddy Gomez & Al Foster) 5:35
3. My Foolish Heart (feat. Eric Le Lann, Eddy Gomez & Al Foster) 6:02
4. Elsa (feat. Eric Le Lann, Eddy Gomez & Al Foster) 7:33
5. Stella by Starlight (feat. Eric Le Lann, Eddy Gomez & Al Foster) 6:36
6. I Do It for Your Love (feat. Eric Le Lann, Eddy Gomez & Al Foster) 5:42
7. Times Remembered (feat. Eric Le Lann, Eddy Gomez & Al Foster) 6:20
8. B Minor Waltz (feat. Eric Le Lann, Eddy Gomez & Al Foster) 5:22
9. Pavane (feat. Eric Le Lann, Eddy Gomez & Al Foster) 2:51
Introducing the newest addition to the DIVA family of bands: The 3Divas! This super-swingin’ powerhouse trio plays original, traditional, and contemporary standards from all genres of music, with their own unique style, innovative arrangements, and effervescent musical joy.
Featuring: Sherrie Maricle: drums; Amy Shook: bass; Jackie Warren: piano.
Pianist Jackie Warren is well-versed in many styles, but her true loves are jazz, Latin jazz, and salsa. She currently performs with the super-swinging trio 3Divas and Maurice Hines’ Off-Broadway hit Tappin’ Thru Life with Sherrie Maricle and The DIVA Jazz Orchestra. Jackie also leads her own trio and has played with many other artists and groups, including The DIVA Jazz Orchestra, FIVE PLAY, the Cleveland Jazz Orchestra, David Fathead Newman, Clark Terry, Richie Cole, Bobby Watson, Frank Foster, and Ken Peplowski.
Jackie performs Latin jazz and salsa with renowned percussionist Sammy Deleon y su orquesta and has backed up numerous international salsa vocalists, including Tony Vega, Ray de La Paz, Ismael Miranda, Tito Rojas, and Cano Estremera, and has also worked with Humberto Ramirez, Jane Bunnett and the Spirits of Havana, and the Cuban group Los Muñequitos de Matanzas. Jackie is also an educator, arranger and recording artist.
Amy Shook is one of the most in-demand acoustic bassists in the mid-Atlantic, coveted for her huge sound and infectious, driving groove. In addition to being a premier performing and recording artist, she is an accomplished composer, co-leads the Shook/Russo 5tet, performs regularly with the Fred Hughes Trio (their most recent album, Matrix, spent time on three national charts), and is thrilled to be a part of the all-women powerhouse trio, 3Divas! Amy has performed with Maurice Hines, Sherrie Maricle and The DIVA Jazz Orchestra, Lionel Hampton, Larry Willis, Wessell Anderson, Ali Ryerson, Jim Snidero, and Walt Weiskopf, to name a few. She has performed at the Kennedy Center, Blues Alley, Dizzy’s Club Coca-Cola, Arena Stage, Off-Broadway at New World Stages in NYC, the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival, the Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival, the Cape May Jazz Festival, and at the White House twice by special invitation. For more information, please visit www.amyshook.com.
Introducing the newest addition to the DIVA family of bands: The 3Divas! This super-swingin’ powerhouse trio plays original, traditional, and contemporary standards from all genres of music, with their own unique style, innovative arrangements, and effervescent musical joy. Sherrie, Amy, and Jackie met in May of 2014 at the Cleveland Playhouse while playing in The DIVA Jazz Orchestra as part of Maurice Hines’ award-winning show Tappin’ Thru Life. Their energy clicked immediately and the resulting musical synergy was fast and fierce...or as the New York Times said…”Blistering Hot!” From their first shared downbeat, they became kindred-swinging spirits. They are elated to share their music with you.
1. Beautiful Love (9:01) Wayne King, Victor Young and Egbert Van Alstyne
2. Sunshine On My Shoulders (6:25) John Denver, Richard Kniss and Michael Taylor
3. Tennessee Waltz (8:26) Pee Wee King
4. I Thought About You (10:19) Johnny Mercer and Jimmy Van Heusen
5. Favela (7:38) Antonio Carlos Jobim
6. In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning (7:39) David Mann
7. The Beat Goes On (6:52) Sonny Bono/adapted from Alan Baylock’s arrangement